ADA Upgrades Project
This project had a requirements to make various upgrades to the Park to bring it into compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. Upgrades included:
- Upgrading the existing A/V system in the Visitor Center theater by adding system components to assist the visual and hearing impaired patrons.
- Replacing the existing countertops in three restrooms with granite countertops that were within ADA specs. This included adding new motion sensor faucets and undermount sinks. The existing frames were modified to accept the granite tops.
- Demoing and reinstalling ADA compliant toilets in the handicap stalls in three restrooms. This also required demo of the block walls, relocating the toilet carriers and rebuilding the block walls before setting the new ADA toilets and flush valves.
- Installing ADA compliant brochure stands.
- Demo of the existing store front door and reinstalling new doors and ADA compliant operators, actuators, panic bars and pulls.
- Install new power wiring and conduit to each of the two new ADA operators.
- Demo four existing outdoor drinking fountains, plumbing and concrete. We procured new outdoor freeze resistant fountains and poured new concrete pads after the underground plumbing was in place, then set and plumbed the pedestals to complete the install.
- Install and relocate various accessories to bring the restrooms into full ADA compliance.